Feet First is leading a series of free neighborhood walks on a May 4 and May 5. These walks are part of Jane’s Walks, a worldwide annual walking event, named for Jane Jacobs, the advocate for livable urban cities.
After the huge success of Stairway Walks Day in February, which had over 250 walkers attending 15 free walks, this event looks to be a hit as well. The walks will be led by Feet First’s volunteer Walking Ambassadors and “the conversation topics are as varied as the people taking part, from art and architecture to potholes and shortcuts and from video surveillance to the urban forest: anything that helps you and others better understand our cities and neighborhoods as places and spaces.”
The walk times are spread out throughout the weekend and the list of walks is as follows:
Saturday May 4 Walks
- Central District
- West Seattle Triangle
- Urban Orchard Walk
- Greenways, Festival Streets, Transit, and More on Beacon Hill!
- Pioneer Square, Present and Future (and Past)
- Exploring the Queen Anne Community
- Community at Work in Fremont
Sunday May 5 Walks
- Ballard’s Urban Diversity Celebrates the Past & Present
- Explore Fauntleroy
- Explore Rainier Beach
- Modern and Historical International District
- The Olmsted Vision
Visit Feet First for more information on times and locations.